This aubergine pâté is creamy, flavorful and easy to prepare, and makes a filling and nutritious appetizer that you can serve with crackers, pita bread, or celery stalks! We hope you love it!
- 2 rosted eggplants
- 1 cup of black or green pitted olives
- 1 green onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Fresh parsley
- A generous squirt of lemon juice
- Paprika, pepper, and salt
- 1 tablespoon of tahini (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Poke the eggplants with a fork three to four times and place them in a cookie sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until the eggplants feel soft. Let cool off.
2. In a food processor, puree the pitted olives, baked eggplants, green onion, garlic cloves, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, pepper, and salt. Add some freshly chopped parsley and garnish with paprika, a squirt of olive oil and a parsley branch. Serve with veggie plate and bread.