These meatless chicken fajitas are delicious, easy and light! They are also a great dish to share with those skeptical family members or friends who believe that a meal is not a real meal if it doesn’t have any meat.
For the guacamole, pico de gallo, and refried beans recipes check the Burritos‘ page.
- 2 diced garlic cloves
- 1 sliced small onion
- 1/4 of sliced red bell pepper and 1/4 of sliced green bell pepper
- 1 bag of vegan chicken strips (Gardein, Morning Star, or soy-free alternatives such as Beyond Meat or Quorn)
- Chili flakes, salt and pepper
- Flour or wheat tortillas
- Hot sauce
- Optional: avocado or guacamole, lettuce, pico de gallo, rice, beans, etc.
Add some oil to a frying pan on medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add garlic and chili flakes first and onions and bell peppers second. Let cook for five minutes and add chicken strips. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Saute all together until it gets golden brown and remove from heat. Serve with warm flour tortillas and hot sauce.
You can also substitute the meatless chicken strips for meatless ground beef.
Some great side dishes to serve with your fajitas could be: white rice, refried beans, salsa, guacamole or just some sliced avocado. It is also good with veggie cheddar flavored slices.
For the ‘avocado-pico de gallo’ :
- Diced tomato
- Diced jalapeño
- Diced onion
- Chopped cilantro
- Diced avocado
- Salt, pepper, and a freshly squeezed lime juice
Goes well with lime margaritas or a cold lager!