Pears, the “gift of the gods”, are high in nutrients and low in calories. They are a great source of dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants, which are also contained in their skin. Baked Cinnamon Pears are very simple and easy to prepare and they make a great pair with vanilla almond milk ice cream!
- 4 ripe pears (cut in halves)
- Brown sugar
1. Wash the pears and cut them into halves. With a knife or a spoon remove the seeds from the center of each half of the pears.
2. Place them on a cookie sheet or baking pan. Add brown sugar and cinnamon onto the top of each half.
3. Bake for 30 or 40 minutes in oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit or until every pear is soft and golden brown.
4. As soon as you take them out of the oven, collect the melted sugar (caramel) with a spoon and pour it on top of the pears for decoration and extra flavor. Serve warm with vanilla almond milk ice cream and garnish with a mint leaf or a green leaf from any plant in your backyard.